Posted by rene.bross on 27. January 2012 11:01
Looking outside and seeing the endless heaps of snow, some begin to wonder, will Spring ever get here? If you feel that way, then you're not alone. However, with Spring nearly two months from now, perhaps together we can find some ways to keep ourselves occupied, cozy and warm. Brushing away those Winter Blues can not only be fun, but can form new habits for this season, making sure winters to follow will be something to look forward to.
1. Products on the market like full-spectrum lights will ensure, for those of us that don't live farther south, that we get our much needed vitamin-D. Which in turn can enhance our mood and reduce that sluggish feeling. Pair that with some aroma therapy candles, perhaps with an island scent and get an instant boost. Cowabunga!
2. Scientists, what's not to love about them? Research has shown that chocolate, especially the dark variety, may also be a mood elevator. Warm up and try a cup of hot cocoa. Starbucks now makes a commercial line. Salted Caramel is our favorite!
3. Spring cleaning doesn't have to wait. Instead try a New Year cleaning blitz. If you are stuck inside of the house anyway due to the weather, use this time to clean and organize your home. When Spring arrives you can enjoy its wonders carefree.
4. Plant and indoor herb garden in a sunny windowsill. Seeing new seedlings sroup always gives hope that Spring is surely on its way!
5. Finally, perhaps the simplest solution is to turn to your inner child and embrace the season. Take a stroll with someone special or your family and make a game of finding the best of winter- he biggest icicle, the best snowman or the most formidable sledding hill. Have you ever seen a child who doesn't love the snow? Taking a clue from them may produce a new appreciation for the season.
Do you have other ways to relieve the winter doldrums? Let us know your most effective ways by leaving us a comment. Together we can get the best out of winter!