Posted by rene.bross on 27. February 2012 11:01
A Heavenly Springtime Affair
Do you know someone special who will soon be baptized or christened? Planning a luncheon to follow the ceremony is the perfect way to celebrate the event. Along with the Christian rite of passage in to the Church, baptisms or christenings symbolize rebirth and renewed life. Try going green with fresh flowers or plants. If you use ones that are potted, they can be replanted by the recipient and be a constant reminder of their commitment to faith, as well as being earth friendly. Punch it up and enjoy a refreshing beverage. Try a new recipe and bring out the punch bowl for this special occasion and turn the ordinary in to extraordinary. Finish the gathering with a prayer and heavenly treat. A little slice of heaven is all you need. Hosting a reception can mark their new life, whether infant or adult, with joy, love and all your blessings.
Photo Credits clockwise from upper left: Christening Invitation: My Good Greetings; Pink Baptism Cake Fanciful Events; Sprinkled Rim Mason Jars Kara's Party Ideas; Eco-Friendly Lamb Favors Perfect Party Favors; Candy Wrappers Etsy; Baby Lamb Stuffed Animal Christening Wardrobe
Posted by rene.bross on 22. March 2011 19:35
Your child’s christening is a wonderful way to celebrate your families personal faith and a lovely gathering of family and friends should follow the formal church ceremony to complete your babies special day. Throwing a memorable and special party doesn’t have to be daunting. Following are some tips for making your babies christening extra special.
1. Select the date for the christening by contacting your pastor or church administrator to schedule the date. Consider the timing of the ceremony and following party and keep in mind your child’s nap and eating schedule.
2. Most christening parties follow immediately or soon after the formal ceremony. Choose the location of the party. If your home is not close to the church, consider asking permission to having the party at the church or at a nearby restaurant.
3. Order invitations early enough so that they are mailed to family and friends at least one month before the christening.
4. Order the cake or make arrangements to bake it yourself or have a friend bake it. Christening cakes are traditionally white, but very light pastel colors of pink, blue or yellow are also common. Consider having your child’s name and christening date written on the cake or have their photo on it using the new edible photo decorations.
5. Plan a menu for the party. If having a morning ceremony, consider a brunch buffet or luncheon. An afternoon party could be a tea party with light snacks or an afternoon bbq works well for those with heartier appetities.
6. Keep decorations light and simple. Decorate primarily with white with a touch of an accent pastel color. Start with a crisp white tablecloth and add fresh flowers in glass vases for centerpieces. This is the time to break out your china. Matching colored cloth napkins with real silverware complete the ambience. Remember this is a more formal setting so forgo the plastic utensils and paper plates.
7. If there will be a number of small children attending, plan some simple activities or games to keep them busy. If weather permits, set up lawn bowling, crouquet or other yard games. A kid sized table with crayons and new color books will help occupy them as well.
8. Don’t forget to charge your camera battery and designate a family photographer. You will be busy at the ceremony, party and the needs of your child- leave the photography chore to someone else. Or place disposable cameras on the tables for your guests to take photos.
9. After your event, mail thank you notes within the two weeks following your party. Make sure they are hand-written and snail-mailed.
Posted by rene.bross on 15. March 2011 16:37
For the first time precious Baptism and Christening Announcements and Invitations can be found at My Good Greetings! As with all our cards, these beautiful Christening Announcements are printed eco-friendly on 100% recycled, FSC Certified card stock and ship with 100% recycled envelopes. Choose from a number of dainty designs for your little one's special day. Need something more custom? Just ask customer service, we're always happy to help with your special design needs!